About Me

My photo
As a teenager, I subscribed to the notion that one should "retire" (read: celebrate life) in his twenties so he could learn from the world less encumbered by material trappings and only then should he settle in to adulthood. The world may be a more compassionate place. This, I believe, is true luxury. I am now in my forties.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Autumn on City Greenroofs

 Few are the days that a walk along the High Line is without crowds.  While people watching is part of the beauty, this misty day was sublime.

Atop the vast roof at the Morgan Distribution Post Office building, a look at NYC's largest building site to date, the Hudson Yards Project.  A 52 story building went this year and the foundations for a 90, two 70's, and a 60 plus story buildings are underway.  On this roof, the noise of construction is overshadowed by the sound of crickets, birds, and the wind passing through the grasses.

No comments: